Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Favorite Pictures

For graduation, my mom and stepdad, Butch, gave me a new Nikon D3000 camera. I LOVE taking pictures with it and seeing the quality pictures it produces. There is still a lot I need to learn about the camera and photography, but for now I'm just pointing and shooting. I thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures I've taken so far.
Under the pier at Myrtle Beach.
Me and Scruffy.My cat on the porch.

My family at Myrtle Beach.
For my current project, I am trying to find objects-any object-that looks like a letter. I want to eventually be able to spell words with the letters and each picture will be in b&w. I have seen someone do it and each picture cost $8, so my name would have been $40! So I thought, heck, I'll try to find the letters myself. My vision for this picture was a "U" maybe? thoughts? ha.
I saw this as a "S". It needs to be cropped though.Life through a new lens. Love it!



4 comments:

  1. love the letter idea. erica has that in her room of her name and i tried to look for letters for my name for a little while but gave up. so i think you should make my name!! as for the tree...i see a V or a U.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that is whats in Erica's room! The lady was selling them at Festival in the park, and I wanted to buy one but couldn't bring myself to pay that much. Oh well, I might be able to get all the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, i don't think you should crop the S picture...it looks pretty when you can kinda tell what it's really supposed to be. purdy, purdy!

    ReplyDelete