Saturday, January 7, 2012

12 goals for 2012

2011 is going to be a tough year to follow, but I can tell 2012 is going to be filled with some pretty fun events too. Here are my top 12 goals for 2012:

1. Be a better student
My first semester of graduate school was a bit of an adjustment. I made good grades, but they could have been even better! I will be a grad student for the entire year of 2012 and I plan to be a good one! I am going to read all of the assigned readings, not procrastinate on homework and projects, and try to be the best clinician possible!

2. Lose weight
Duh, right...isn't this everyone's goal? Since getting married, I have gained the additional "newlywed nine" lol. If I could get back to the size I was in senior year of high school, I'd be one happy girl. I know I must change my eating habits, and EXERCISE! Those two things are hard to do when you're a broke, busy graduate student, which leads me into goal #3....

3. RUN in a 5K
This has always been a dream of mine, but here's the thing...I HATE running! I have never been a "runner" in my life and would rather do any type of aerobics class that torches calories over running! So, that is why a 5K is so challenging for me. I can't tell you how many times I've started a training plan, and then quit a week later. SO, April 2011 is my goal month to run in a 5K, lets do this!

4. Fix a variety of meals
This goal is mainly for Sterling. I am a picky eater and when looking for recipes, anything that has cheese, chicken, or italian in the title, I will fix it! But Sterling has a huge range of taste and I know would probably like more variety in his meals.

5. Save money
This is also hard to do considering I am not making hardly any money at the moment, but what little we do have, I'd like to work harder to save it.

6. Consolidate
Sterling and I were talking about goals for each other and he says that I need to lessen my attachment to material things. Sure, I can't let go of the 30 JMU shirts that I have, or the numerous purses and bags that I own, but I am going to try rid of the things that I do not use. This will also be a way to de-clutter the apartment some. I can't imagine living in an apartment smaller than this one, it seems like we have so much stuff!

7. Get a pet
This is after all the next step right? Get married, move in together, and then get a puppy? We currently can not have the dog that we want (lab) because of weight restrictions (a dog has to be under 25 lbs) that our landlord put in place, but we will get one at some point this year! I can't wait to have our own pet, I'll finally have someone to keep me company while Sterling is working weird hours!

8. Make sure people know how much I care for them
Celebrate birthdays, send them a card, go visit people at their houses, have more family time, anything! I feel like I slacked on this a little in 2011.

9. Read more and watch less TV
There are a lot of books I want to read. Since we have got rid of cable, this shouldn't be too hard!

10. Get outdoors
Hike, bike, run, anything outside! I feel like I didn't get outside much during the second half of 2011.

11. Couponing
I'd really like to become good at couponing! I've been trying to read up on all the blogs and get all the tips and tricks, but it seems like it is hard work and time consuming. But in the end, I think it all the hard work will be worth it considering it will help us save money! One of the main reasons I hate going grocery shopping, is the total at the end of checkout, eek!

12. And last but not least, blog more
We'll see about this one, considering my track record the past couple of years!

Here's to 2012 and hoping it will be just as good as the last! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment