Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm back!

Actions speak louder than words...that's what you need to keep in mind when reading my blog. I don't know how many times I have said that I am going to keep up with blogging and then NOT done it. So here I am again, saying I'm back, and that I am going to blog more often...we'll see! :)

Now that our wedding is over, I feel like a have a new found sense of freedom. Planning a wedding in 5 months takes up a lot of your time! There are so many things that I want to get back into now that "wedding" isn't on the forefront of the brain. Such as...blogging! I love looking back and reading how I was feeling at the time. I also feel this is a good way of getting out your feelings in a positive way. I plan on blogging on our engagement, wedding, and honeymoon here soon. I meant to keep a journal along the way, but it just didn't happen.

With my new freedom I also want to get into cooking, decorating, and DIY projects! Now that we have our new apartment, it definitely needs some "sprucing" up. Jess and Jenn has introduced me to a new website: Pinterest. It. is. Amazing! You can find so many cute ideas and pictures of literally anything and save them to your "board" to go back and look at them later. I have found lots of cute decorating ideas and yummy recipes I can't wait to try!

With that, I have a confession to make...I do not know how to cook!!! And not only do I not know how, I also don't really have any interest in cooking. Now that I am a wife, it is expected that I be in the kitchen everyday preparing these amazing meals for my husband. While I wish that was the case, it just doesn't happen overnight! There are several reasons why I am struggling with this. First off, I am pretty picky, I don't eat/fix a variety of foods. Sterling eats pretty much everything while I like mostly Italian, pasta, and chicken. So I want to fix him different things to eat, but why would I want to make it if I don't like it? I am hoping my taste broadens. Another problem is I am broke. Therefore, it is hard to go grocery shopping and buy all those ingredients. Even if we had all the ingredients to cook, we still don't have all the untencils/pots/pans to make it. Bottom line: I need help. I need to stop making excuses and just try! Hopefully my cooking skills will improve in the months and years to come! And I know Sterling would agree!

Grad schools starts in 11 more days. I have a feeling that these freedoms that I am enjoying now are going to be a thing of the past once school starts. So I am trying to soak them all up!




2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you are back to blogging :) it is definitely a good outlet and a fun thing to look back on!

    ha this line cracked me up, sounds so old fashioned, but also still what some people expect!
    "Now that I am a wife, it is expected that I be in the kitchen everyday preparing these amazing meals for my husband."
    after seeing my mom have to cook, clean..and basically do EVERYTHING kitchen related, i NEEEEEED a man who can use a stove and wash dishes. haha
    cooking will come with time...you make a great wife and being in the kitchen doesn't just have to be your responsibility !
    once you get some source of income you should find some 'staple' meals that are go-to's and then you can just throw in some random new things to try every so often!
    jess and i can give you some good recipes that are EASY PEASY and i'm sure your mom/gma can give ya some too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just about to comment and tell you that we will give you some delicious and easy recipes that you can definitely do! check my newest post http://willi4jl.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-want-your-opinion-quick-and-easy.html and make the confetti beef skillet it is so goood and you can no doubt make it!

    ReplyDelete